Tuesday, July 31, 2007

GarageBand: Follow-Up (MIDI and Radio Sounds)

I thought I’d start a blog posting on GarageBand as a follow-up to Tuesday afternoon’s session. Here are some items that need clarification:
1) Sandi asked about MIDI files in a podcast. At first, I understood the question as importing an existing MIDI file. Actually, this works via drag-and-drop. The MIDI files I was using were an old format. If importing a MIDI file is important, see me. It’s easy to drag-and-drop them.
2) Sandi’s real question was connecting a MIDI instrument to your Mac and record a song using a MIDI instrument and GarageBand. This also works. Use the Track Menu and select New Track > Software Instrument. Then, you’ll have a track for this task.
3) If you want to explore using a MIDI keyboard, I’ll bring mine to the conference.
4) I didn’t explain Radio Sounds. Atomic Learning has a great clip on this topic. Visit Atomic Learning and search for: Adding radio sounds to a podcast
4) A helpful site for GarageBand support is:
http://www.apple.com/support/garageband/
This page includes links to manuals and tips as well as a nice search box for your GarageBand questions.

If you have any more GarageBand questions, let me know!

Dick

No comments: